Friday Camp Staff
Job Title: Friday Camp Leader
Department: Parks and Recreation
Immediate Supervisor: Friday Camp Supervisor, Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator
Direction of others: Campers, Volunteers and Support Staff
Nature of Work: To lead outdoor recreation activities in a daycamp setting for children with disabilities, and assist them as needed also during lunch, snacks and bathroom breaks.
|Duties / Responsibilities:|
Work performed/Areas of Responsibility:
1. Attend all mandatory meetings for seasonal staff.
2. Confirm any schedule conflicts with TR Coordinator.
3. Participate in initial training meeting with Friday Camp Staff to plan weekly themes and details of summer schedule.
4. Read Camper applications and become familiar with camper needs. Refer questions
5. Review Disability Resource Guide to learn more about disabilities represented, to prepare for campers’ arrival.
6. Tour area of Camp Supplies and equipment to know our inventory for planning games, craft, and activities.
7. Assist with cleaning the boathouse to use as needed for storage and shelter prior to starting Camp.
8. Review as a staff all safety precautions and procedures regarding weather conditions accident or injury, pickup and drop off policy and other emergency guidelines.
9. Report any incidents to TR Coordinator and assist with completion of a written report.
10. Wear nametags weekly and become acquainted with campers, parents and support staff upon their arrival.
11. Arrive 15 – 20 minutes before camp begins and after campers have departed to assist with set up and clean up.
12. Know at all times where your assigned campers are.
13. Discreetly communicate camper information with other staff as needed.
14. Review camp agenda weekly, post agenda for campers, and know the weekly rain plan.
15. Assist the Friday Camp Supervisor as directed.
16. Complete a staff evaluation to be sent to the TR office within 1 week of Friday Camp’s conclusion.
17. Assist with end of the season cleanup.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required: Be 16 years of age minimum, Prefer some experience/knowledge of disabilities through personal, volunteer or work involvement. Have some knowledge/interest in games, crafts, sports or outdoor leisure activities for children.
|Hours of Work/Physical and Mental Demands:|
|6 Hours per Week
In compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act the following represents the Physical and Environmental Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and figures, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk or hear, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to seventy-five (75) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.