Golf Clubhouse Manager
JOB TITLE: GOLF CLUBHOUSE MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: PARKS AND RECREATION
DIVISION: GOLF COURSE
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
DIRECTION OF OTHERS: CLUBHOUSE STAFF (SEASONAL)
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent. Minimum of 4 years of customer service/small business experience is required. Must have 4 years’ experience with computer, calculator, cash registers, and other various office machines.
Preferred: 2 years of previous supervisory experience, 2 years golf clubhouse experience.
NATURE OF WORK: This individual is responsible for the day to day operation of the golf clubhouse. Must be familiar with golf club operations, will have frequent contact with golf members, suppliers, individuals, and operations management.
WORK PERFORMED/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
I. Assigns clubhouse staff to duties as established by seasonal descriptions or work orders established by Golf Course Superintendent
- Must instruct clubhouse staff by way of in-service training for specific duties.
- Will be responsible for supervision and inspection of seasonal employees duties
- Will prescribe high standards of performance and efficiency by seasonal employees
- Recommends re-hire of seasonal employees to the Golf Course Superintendent
II. Maintains records as prescribed by the Golf Course Superintendent
- Responsible to establish golf leagues, including but not limited to registration, collection of fees, scheduling, maintaining league standings, handling league problems, and arranging for awards. Will also sell in advance of, and during the golf season, season tickets, gift certificates, and coupon books.
- Keeps records of personnel utilization and performance
III. Shall be responsible for marketing and promoting the golf course in advance of, and during the golf season. Shall operate within an advertising budget established by the City.
IV. Shall be responsible for ordering and maintaining an adequate inventory of golf equipment, golf supplies, and clothing in the pro-shop and operating with-in the pro-shop budget established by the City.
V. Shall work closely with and attend monthly meetings of Brooktree Golf Association so as to maintain a direct communication link with the golfers who have a keen interest in Brooktree Golf Course.
VI. Shall help prepare information for a monthly newsletter emailed and mailed to the membership and others. Will also maintain a calendar of events planned at the course and or clubhouse.
EXTENT AND TYPE OF INTERACTION WITH PUBLIC:
I. Represents City government through direct contact with the public
- Answers citizen questions through daily telephone and Internet contacts.
- Responds to citizen inquiries regarding City government in person, by telephone, and electronically
- Daily contact with the public
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license
- Attendance at various city training sessions and health sessions
- Attendance at various computer training classes
- Must have or be able to obtain by March 1 Food Manager Certification from MN Dept. of Health
WORKING HOURS AND CONDITIONS:
- This is an exempt position
- Work hours will vary by season and may include weekends and holidays
- This position works primarily in an office environment, with little exposure to outdoor temperature variations or environmental factors
In compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act the following represents thePhysical and Environmental Demands: This position requires an equal amount of time spent standing, walking, and sitting. Lifting, pushing/pulling, or carrying objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds is sometimes required, with a maximum of forty (40) pounds infrequently required. Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, twisting, and bending are sometimes required. Repetitive movements of the hands are sometimes required. Audio, visual, and verbal functions are essential functions to performing this position. The majority of the workday is spent indoors.