Parks & Recreation
Movies in the Park
Our last of three family-friendly movies is August 22 (rain date August 23) at Central Park. Bring your pic-a-nic basket and laugh along with Yogi Bear! The movie begins at 8:15PM. Movie is free and concessions are available, including FREE popcorn! Click here for more information.
Park Passport - Begins September 5th!
The Park Passport is an initiative of the City of Owatonna Parks and Recreation Department to promote healthy lifestyle choices. The four-week program is FREE and you could win one of our great prizes!
Follow these steps to participate:
1. Click here to download or print your passport.
2. Visit the parks listed and find the hidden password: parks will have a small sign mounted to a post along the trail. The signs are approximately 2-4 feet from the ground and each sign has a word on the back. Yellow signs will be placed September 5-18 and then removed. White signs, in different locations wil be placed September 19-29. Click here for park trail maps.
3. Reveal the phrase! Write the hidden password for each park in the appropriate box on your passport to see the message. Turn in (follow instructions on passport) your completed passport to be eligible for prizes.
Dog Park Now Open!
A brand new, 1.6 acre off-leash dog park is now open at Lake Chase! Lake Chase is located at 1915 State Ave NW. Head out with your furry friend for some exercise and a tail waggin' good time! Click here for the Dog Park rules.
Take your best shot in the 1st Annual Photo Contest sponsored by Owatonna Parks & Recreation and Owatonna Tourism! Contest categories include: Beauty in the Parks, Highlights of Owatonna and Photos by Youth. All photos should be submitted by email to: Jessica.Abrahams@ci.owatonna.mn.us by October 31, 2014. All entries must include the following: Photographer's name, phone number and age (only provide age if entering Photos by Youth category), which category you are entering, and name of location or area in which the photo was taken. Great prizes will be awarded to winners! Click here for full details and rules of the competition.
City Deer Hunt
A deer hunt will be held in the wooded city parks this fall. For more details and application, click here. Proficiency tests are September 20 or 27 from 3-6 p.m. at 20 Rifle and Pistol Club in Medford. To apply, complete form and return to Owatonna Parks & Recreation Office by 4 p.m. September 11.
We are currently taking registrations for the following youth programs:
- Volleyball (may still register with $10 late fee)
- Football (may still register with $10 late fee)
- Fall Swimming Lessons
- Learn to Skate Hockey
- Therapeutic Leisure Swim
Register online here, in person at the Parks & Recreation office or call 507-444-4321.
We are currently taking registrations for the following adult programs:
- Volleyball - Fill out the Registration Form (click here) and return it to our office. Deadline is September 4th.
River Springs Water Park
The water park is now open for the season! River Springs is open daily until August 24: 12:00PM - 7:00PM. Visit the Water Park page on our website to learn about daily admission specials and other information regarding the water park.
Brooktree Golf Course
Brooktree Golf Course is open and carts are allowed.
Call 507.444.2467 for tee times and more information.
Clubhouse Patio at Brooktree is now Open! Open sunrise to 8 p.m. daily. See brochure here.
Parks Pavilion Rentals
Pavilion Rentals are available for the 2014 year. Call the Parks and Recreation office at 444-4321 or stop by our office to make a reservation. Payment is due at the time of the reservation.
Follow Owatonna Parks & Recreation on Facebook