Legal Bat List
Softball Information and Entry Fees
The Owatonna Slow Pitch Softball Association in cooperation with the Owatonna Park and Recreation Department offers organized leagues in Men's, Women's and Co-ed softball programs. Games are played from early May through end of August at the Fairgrounds softball complex.
- Organizational meet Tuesday February 26, 2013 at 7:00pm, at the Owatonna Eagles Club.
- Any Interested individuals wishing to get on teams should attend this meeting.
- Team registration deadline is Wednesday, March 13 at 3:00pm.
- Schedule pick up and roster hand in will be held at the Parks and Recreation Office on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 from 3:00-5:00pm.
Men's Slow Pitch Softball
The Park and Recreation organizes leagues for 40-50 Men's Slow Pitch Softball teams. These teams play usually on Monday through Thursday evenings at the Fairground diamonds. Teams are organized into leagues and play in one of six. Men's American League gets 24 games which include double headers on most nights and other men's leagues get 20 games with most of those leagues also playing double headers.
Entry Fees are due on or before Wednesday, March 13, 2013 by 3:00pm. Pay at Parks and Recreation Office. Checks made payable to Owatonna Softball Association $60.00 Post Season Tourney Fee is included in your entry fee for Men's and Women's Leagues. If you do not wish to participate, you must request a refund by July 15, 2013 and a check will be refunded to you.
Men’s Entry Fees
$380.00 Men’s American
$325.00 Other Men’s Leagues
(Men's fees include $60 Post Season Tournament fee)
In addition to Team Entry Fees the following player fees must be paid prior to playing the first game.
- Players fees of $45.00 (includes tax) for Men’s Leagues for Owatonna and Steele County residents.
- Player fees of $55.00 (includes tax) for Men’s Leagues outside of Steele County.
Player fees are paid on Tuesday, April 23 from 3:00-5:00pm at the Parks and Recreation Office-make checks payable to the Parks and Recreation-please do not bring roster sheets to the office prior to this date. Player fees include a $10.00 Softball Association fee. If you play on a second team (Co Rec), you must pay the $10.00 fee as well-no second team discount this year.
In addition to Entry Fees and Player Fees:
- The Softball Association Board will assign several teams to work the city tournaments. You will be given that assignment when you turn in your rosters.
- Each team that is required to work a tournament will pay a $200.00 Tournament Work Commitment Check. If your team is scheduled to work a tournament, your team will not be given league schedules until the tournament check is paid.
- Be prepared to make checks payable to Owatonna Softball Association. This check is refunded to you after your team works the tournament. Checks will be refunded by Becky, Vick, Treasurer.
TENTATIVE 2012 LEAGUE NIGHTS:
Men’s Softball League
Men’s American League Wed (DH Wed. nights) (24 games)
Men’s Stripes League Wed (Mostly DH) (20 games)
Men’s Steele County Mon (mostly) & Thurs (occasional) (20 games) (Mostly DH)
Men’s Stars Mon (mostly) & Thurs (occasional) (20 games) (Mostly DH)
Men’s Four Diamond Tues (occasional) & Mostly Thurs (20 games) (Several DH)
There will be a clinic to discuss local rules, expectations, and to hand out your assignments and schedules. If you are interested in umpiring call the Park and Recreation Office at 507-444-4321 for more details.
Owatonna Aces Baseball
Member of the Four County League. Games are played weekday evenings and Saturday evenings at Dartt's Park Baseball Field.