Commercial Contractors/Developer Requirements
Commercial Contractors wanting to build in the City of Owatonna can find all information needed to submit for a building permit. All information must be completed and submitted with the Building Permit Application to the Building Inspection Department. All of the following forms must be completed and included with the 2 sets of construction plans submitted to the Building Inspection Department for review. Storm Water Manager will review all grading plans to ensure that there is proper site drainage and that appropriate erosion and sediment controls are in place to prevent pollutants from leaving the construction site.
- Commercial/ Industrial Construction Grading/ ESC Permit-application must be completely filled out and signed at plan submission
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
- NPDES Permit (if applicable)-Permit must be submitted to the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, copy of permit provide to City of Owatonna .
**If the all of above information is not completed and submitted with construction drawings, the plan will NOT be reviewed until all infomration is provided.**
Commercial Contractor/Developer Resources and Responsibilities
The following information is available for further details about the requirements of the Grading/ESC Permit Process
- Commercial/ Industrial Construction Grading/ESC Standards-detailed requirements outlining the responsibilities and procedures that contractors must follow to conform to the City of Owatonna Stormwater Management Ordinance.
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Template
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Checklist
- MPCA Construction Stormwater Permit Overview
- Stormwater Compliance Assistance Toolkit
- Concrete Washout Requirements