Summer Camp Staff
CITY OF OWATONNA
DATE: January 16, 2013
JOB TITLE: Seasonal Summer Camp Staff
DEPARTMENT: Park and Recreation
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant Recreation Director
DIRECTION OF OTHERS: Camp Staff and Program Participants
NATURE OF WORK: Helps plan activities for summer camp program and perform day to day activities of program and participants. Works directly with seasonal summer camp supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Must have capable skills of working with children. Must be knowledgeable and able to portray the youth philosophies of the Park and Recreation Department.
WORK PERFORMED/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Dress in proper uniform, so easily identified as program staff.
- Assist in safety of participants.
- Answer questions of the general public when in the field, or direct public to the proper employees.
- Assist in planning of activities and crafts.
- Report any damage to equipment or injuries to supervisor.
- Report any personal injuries or accidents to your supervisor.
- Will work closely with individual program supervisor on equipment/supply needs.
- Will interact with participants and parents in a professional manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.